Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Invasion Imminent!

by SandWyrm


Well now, this is interesting. According to GW's Website, they are going to open up their first Indianapolis store at the end of the month.
"As part of Games Workshop's expansion across the country, squads of Space Marines are descending on new locations! Stop by on opening Saturday at noon and be the FIRST TO THE FIGHT with activities, contests, and a free stuff (like the patch, buttons and poster shown) while supplies last!

Conversion Competition - We'll provide the bitz, you bring the tools, excitement, and creative genius! Entries due by 4:30pm.

Space Marine Painting Competition - Grab a Space Marine and paint your heart out! Be sure to bring your paint and brushes for this fun painting contest! Entries due by 5pm.

Scenario Challenge Competition - Bring your favorite 40K or Warhammer Fantasy army and/or the Lord of the Rings forces and face your opponents in quick, fun scenarios. Participants can play up to three games each if time allows.

The store's first day opens at noon. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners for all "First to the Fight" competitions will be announced at 5:30pm.

JANUARY 21st
Willow Lake East Hobby Center
2502 Lake Circle Dr
Indianapolis, IN 46268
Willow Lake East Facebook Page"
It's out near the Pyramids next to Rock Bottom.


Looks like they want a safe distance from the GP North to the east (where Keystone crosses 465), while providing a North-West option that's closer than Games 2D4 (Rockville Rd. & 465).


I'm curious how big it will be. Anyone want to grab some pics?

Thanks to Greg for getting the scoop!

6 comments:

  1. I stopped by a couple of weeks ago, and the windows are covered while they are doing construction on the inside. It's a small corner building behind a wings restaurant (I think BW3s, but I don't remember). I'll swing by again tomorrow and snap some pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hrm...a Saturday, eh? I might stop in opening day...If I do I'll try and do a bit of surveillance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The windows are tinted, and I couldn't get any pics of the inside with my phone, but the store is about the size of the retail area at Games 2 Die 4. There are 5 or 6 tables up (no terrain yet), with room for the product around the outside walls. The area is pretty small, and won't be able to host more than a dozen or so players.

    From the parking lot, I counted 8 restaurants that I could see, with another 15 or so within 5 minutes. The location is nice (about 2 minutes from the interstate).

    I look forward to seeing what kind of events they put on here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds about like the GW store I went to in Detroit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just in time for the super bowl lol

    I may have to talk the wife into letting my check it out next time we go up there to the Children's Museum just so I can say I've been to one. Too bad it opens the weekend of my son's birthday lol.

    "Daddy loves you but he's going to drop you off to see Ruben Wells while he goes look at Warhammer stuff. Happy birthday!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, probably still the closest GW Retail store to me.

    ReplyDelete

out dang bot!

Recent Favorites

All-Time Favorites